To roast the Brussels Sprouts
500 g Brussels sprouts: 200 g shredded and 300 g quartered
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper
For the risotto
2 tbsp olive oil
1 med onion, finely diced (200g)
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
2 tbsp thyme leaves
2 lemons, 1 rind julienned, 1 zested
1½ cups Arborio rice
200 ml dry white wine
900 ml vegetable broth
40 g grated Parmesan cheese
60 g Dolcelatte
⅓ cup tarragon, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Toss the quartered Brussels sprouts with a tbsp of olive oil, ½ tsp coarse salt, ground pepper and spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for about 30 minutes or until browned in places.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan add 2 tbsp of olive oil and sauté the onion for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally untill soft and slightly caramelized. Add the garlic, thyme, and lemon strips and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the rice and shredded sprouts and stir for a minute, until well combined. Add the wine to deglaze and let it simmer until absorbed.
- Add a cup of vegetable broth, stirring until absorbed, repeat until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked to your liking - it should retain a bit of firmness.
- Add the Parmesan and Dolecelatte cheeses and stir, toss through the tarragon and half of the roasted Brussels sprouts to warm through. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve, with the remaining roasted sprouts to the top, along with the grated lemon zest and juice.