1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 small onion, chopped
175g Arborio rice
100ml white wine
600ml chicken stock
200g frozen peas, defrosted
200g broad beans, blanched and shelled
50g Parmesan, grated
Small handful fresh mint, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook without colour until soft and translucent. Stir in the rice and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Turn up the heat and add the wine, let it bubble to evaporate the alcohol.
- When the wine has been absorbed, add a ladle of stock and over a medium heat, allowing it to be absorbed before adding the next, stir continuously.
- Just before the risotto is ready add the peas and beans and continue cooking to heat them through.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the butter and Parmesan. Add the mint and check the seasoning